Our built-in QR code scanner uses your phone’s camera to scan QR codes, so it needs permission to access your camera. Without this permission, the scanner won’t be able to work and you will see a blank screen where the camera should be.
If you accidentally deny camera permissions for the QR code scanner, you can change this in your phone’s settings, or remove the progressive web app and add it back using this link.
The settings to change the permissions will vary greatly depending on your device and operating system. Below are general guides.
- For iOS devices, go to Settings > Safari > Camera and toggle on the switch next to the PWA you want to allow access to.
- If not found, search for the camera setting in the settings app. On some iPhone models or iOS versions, the camera setting may be located in a different section of the settings app. Try searching for “camera” in the search bar at the top of the settings app.
- You may also try clearing history and website data in Safari.
- Open the settings app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps & notifications”.
- Select the PWA you want to allow camera access for.
- Tap on “Permissions”.
- Toggle on the switch next to “Camera”.
Once you’ve granted camera access to the PWA, you should be able to scan QR codes or use any other feature that requires camera access within the PWA.
Note that the exact steps may vary slightly depending on the version of Android you’re using and the device manufacturer. If you’re having trouble finding the camera permissions for a PWA, you can try searching for “camera” in the settings app or consult your device’s user manual for more detailed instructions.
If none of the above work, you should be able to use the QR code scanner directly from the browser on your phone. Instead of using the app, visit the progressive web app scanner directly from a browser such as Chrome or Safari.